Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sisterly Love (Digistamps4Joy Challenge #109}

Hi everyone! I'm back again with my new layout I did as part of my DT work for Digistamps4Joy. My fellow design teammates from Team B love collaborating with each other in using DS4J images in our designs for your inspirations. Please visit DS4J blog to have a closer look.

This month's challenge is all about Valentine or Love hosted by Julie Odil. The challenge runs until 28 February and you can make any paper projects using any digi images or rubber stamps.

I have used two digi images: Wisteria Splendour and Birdhouse to create a scene on my layout. I hope this will inspire you to design your layout or any projects using digital images because you can size the images to your heart content. There are variety of interesting digital drawings you can choose at DS4J shop.

This is a layout of my two girls when we spent a day at Cameron Highlands in 2010 during Anis's pre-school excursion. Because a chaperon must come along, I brought Afza so my other half can take care of the other two school kids. While we had lots of fun picking and eating strawberries, visiting the tea plantation and enjoying the cool breeze on the high land, the ones at home had jolly good time after school watching a movie at the cinema and eating out! A win-win situation huh?
 Supplies: DS4J digital images, Kaisercraft patterned paper/stamps/wooden flourishes/rub-on/stencil, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist, Webster's butterflies, Copic Sketch, Tim Holtz distress pen, Carla Craft punch, watercolor, Alpha acrylic gesso and texture paste, alpha stamps, alpha felt, pebbles and flowers from my stash   

Some up close photos:
 

My inspiration comes from Scraps of Darkness February Inspiration Board Challenge. This is the first time I enter their challenge!
 I am inspired by the rustic door so have colored the door image with Copic and tried my best to make it rustic. I'm such a sucker for shabby style so distressed the designed paper to please myself and created an English looking garden. I also love that nest and instead of creating one but opted to add in the birdhouse image. Those flowers are just so beautiful thus I chose some shades of paper flowers to adorn the Wisteria Splendour hanging over the front entrance of the brick building made from texture paste.
I am a sketch person and loves the sketch from C'est Magnifique which I rotated to design my layout. Finally I get the chance to partake in their challenge also for the first time!
Lastly I added some small pebbles to make a pathway. I used pva glue and they are doing fine there so hopefully the pathway will stick on forever. 
I am excited to see your work in this month's challenge at Digistamps4Joy. Until next time, take care and have beautiful moments always.

Hugs and smiles,

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout. That is very clever of you to use pebbles for the pathway. Very nice combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! I just love the little scene you have created. Thanks for joining the C'est Magnifique February Sketch Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! Thanks for joining C'est Magnifique sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout wit so many details! Love the path of pebbles. Thanks for joining the February Sketch Challenge at C'est Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool layout! Love all the details. Thanks for joining us this month at Cést Magnifique.
    Stina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there Asmah :) Thank you so much for stopping by at my place today! I love your style and i think you are such a talented and beautiful artist! I'm open for international contributes so if you feel like crafting there is still time ;) Hugs from cold Iceland xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Asmah . Love the layout and all the embellishments and textures .
    Hugs
    Pam
    The Bug Bytes

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah