Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Blessings Happy Faces

Hi everyone! Today's make is a layout based on a sketch from Let's Get Shabby for its Challenge #42 and Design Team Call that attempted me to give it a go. I have been meaning to scrap my four blessings for ages but all I did with their photo so far was down size the picture to smaller pixel so it fits into the photo cube generator as seen on the right side bar...my children love to see themselves rolling 360 degrees. lol.  
Eventually here's my take: 

Materials used: Bo Bunny patterned paper, Tim Holtz distress ink, Martha Stewart punch/acrylic craft paint, Smooch, Kaisercraft stamp/wooden flourishes/ink pad/rub on, Prima flowers/bling, crochet flowers by Lili Sulastri and others from my stash

The sketch:
Isn't that a pretty shabby sketch!
...and here's some close-ups...
I used acrylic paint for the alpha first layer and touch up with water color, a bit of smooch and sponge up the egde.
My credit and sincere thank you to my sister Lili Sulastri for the crochet flowers. She's so good at it.
Eyelets and lacing are some of my favorite things.
I did the rub on at nearly mid-night and it's either the lighting was to dim or my eyes were sleepy thus the slip off of some letters...duh...but hey, that's art...hihi.
Can't do without personal note for my children. They are the reason I breath and scrap =D

Until the morning after. I always appreciate your visit and I will do my best to leave you some love whenever I get the chance to visit you. Keep smiling and may happiness be yours all the time.
Hugs and smiles,

8 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful. Love the colours and the laced ribbon is so effective.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful , vibrant page, full of love and joy! Thanks for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..this is gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Lets get Shabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really a beautiful layout. It really draw out the artist in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page. Love your pretty mix of colours and the gorgeous cluster of flowers and tiny doilies. Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asmah, this is just gorgeous and a great take on the sketch, an artistic piece of work..luv aNNIe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the threaded eyelets - and the mix of crochet and flowers! Lovely
    Thanks for playing along with Shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing layout, Asmah--and a brilliant application for the DT on Let's Get Shabby! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah