Saturday, March 08, 2014

Happiness ~ Scrap Around The World & Scrap Africa

Hello everyone! Wishing you good time and much happiness along the way. Sharing a layout today based on a mood board from Scrap Around The World. I have to admit the first time I take a look at it I wasn't sure myself because of the shades of pink. Don't get me wrong; it's not that I dislike the color, I do like pink, just that I'm tired of pink ever since my firstborn came to earth 14 years ago followed by her two siblings...almost all their belongings are pink! 'Alyaa had grown out of it after a while and so is Anis and Afza after some time; relief!

 This layout will go into Afza's album. Thanking my sister for her fast speed photography taken on December 25th last year.   
Supplies: Tim Holtz ~ designed paper/distress marker/distress ink pad, Kaisercraft stamps, watercolor, gesso, modeling paste, gold paint, drywall tape, border punch, tissue and others from my stash 

I have used almost all colors in the mood board...
Some close-ups:

 I bought a paint for my son at the hardware two days ago because we had planned to paint his room (which we managed to paint one wall yesterday, three more to go; can't do all in a go; hectic schedule this weekend, sigh) . Anyway that's where I discovered the gold paint used for rod painting basically and it's also perfect for paper as well according to the salesman, awesome!
Afza will appreciate my handwritten note some day :)
 I made the darker pink blooms by tracing a template on acid free drawing paper, applied water color and after they have dried, I stamped them all. Then I distress and pinch the edges to form 'life-like' petals. I used Carla Craft sakura punch for the smaller flowers. As for the smaller pink blooms in the center, they're gifts from my sister so I have no idea which company made them. 
 Spent some moment hand stitching the edges; can't do without stitching {grin} . The butterfly sits on kitchen tissue dampened and adhered with home made mod podge. It's the shabby dress form that gave me the idea to use tissue for texture.
 Love that fibre ribbon!
 The butterflies are from Webster's free printing.
 My dd#2 Anis told me to place one more flower on the right corner for balance she said. I listened to her {smile}.
This layout is made based on a sketch from Scrap Africa:
 I guess I stay true to the sketch except for the bottom part where I have placed my photo fa little further away from the edge. 

I've never felt so pleased with my combination of mixed media on my page this time. I am very happy with the way it turns out. I'm not sure if I should clean the dining table now or make another page while the mood is on???

Glad to have your visit today. Thank you and I truly appreciate. Have nice moments.

Hugs and smiles,

19 comments:

  1. Amazing artwork Asmah. so skilled!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art is really your forte and you have shown your passion in this layout. So true to your art loving nature. Keep it up sis.
    Thank you for using my photo. I am really honored.
    Beautiful layout for a beautiful girl. Kiss her for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! this is utterly delish! just look at all the background work and details! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Scrap Around The World this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is gorgeous!! I just love that background and the flower arrangement. thanks for playing with us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the colors and textures you have here!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Asmah... this is is just so gorgeous. I love the background and the beautiful flowers... A lovely layout for a lovely girl. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Asmah I'm sure your daughter will love this! I love all the details! Your flowers are gorgeous! All the best! https://www.facebook.com/langeatheart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Asmah....this is just gorgeous! I love everything about your page...the stunning background and gorgeous details and the sweet photo's! So love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Love all the small details and the layering :-D ...love the hand written journaling...!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at Scrap Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just AMAZING!!! love it TFS with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Страничка просто класс!!! Такая яркая, насыщенная, просто девчачья прелесть!!! Мне очень нравится!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing page. You have created cute and girly work with lots of details. Love the flowers and all backround work. Thank you very much for joining our challenge as Scrap Africa, Love Marta x (Maremi)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing LO!!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous work!! loving all your details, thank you for joining us at Scrap africa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page Asmah! love the details and you worked the color pink great...Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is amazing!! Just beautiful! LOVE the pink! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so pretty and arty….…thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing layout!!!!beautiful details!!!Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a gorgeous design love every details
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around the World

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah